Back home...
Back home...

Our Portfolio Our Services Frequently Asked Questions Contact Us About Absolute Event Design Back home...

To get married in Utah, you need to have a marriage license and to have the marriage solemnized. You can apply for a marriage license at your county clerk's office. There is no waiting period before you can get married, and there are no blood tests required. As soon as you get your license, you can get married; however, the license is only valid for 30 days. If you do not have the marriage solemnized within that time, the license will expire and you will need to apply for another one. The completed marriage license must be filed in the county where it was purchased within 30 days of the legal marriage.

After you have been married, once the county clerk’s office receives your completed marriage license, they file it with the state of Utah. They then make a certified copy of the license to send back to you as legal proof of your marriage, which you will then use to change your last name, make changes on your insurance, etc.

The minimum age for obtaining a Marriage License is 18; underage applicants must be accompanied by both parents or legal guardians (check with your county clerk’s office for specification on this). Birth certificates will be required as proof of age.

You will need the following to apply for a marriage license:

  • Both parties must be present at the time of application.
  • Full names, addresses and date and place of birth of both parties.
  • The social security number of both parties, unless a party doesn't have a social security number.
  • The names and birth places of the parents of both parties, including mother's maiden name.
  • Valid picture ID such as a drivers license, passport, birth certificate, or state ID card.
  • A license fee is charged in most counties, which includes two certified copies of the license. Note: Some counties do not charge a fee for the license, but do charge for the certified copies.
  • To view and print a Marriage License Application in pdf. form, click on this link: This will help you to know what is expected once you get to the clerk’s office. You can also print one and arrive with it already filled out.

To find information for your county clerk, click on the links below:

Washington County:
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
197 East Tabernacle, St. George, Utah 84770
(435) 634-5712

Iron County:
Office hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
68 South 100 East, Parowan, Utah 84761
(435) 477-8340

Kane County:
Office hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
76 North Main
Kanab, Utah 84741
(435) 644-2458


copyright 2009 | absolute event design, inc. | all rights reserved | privacy policy | fueled by studio madfish